EACS accepts applications for a voluntary placement throughout the year. We hold recruitment workshops or group interviews spread throughout the year.
Important Considerations before applying to EACS for placement
- We only consider counsellors who have commenced at least their 2nd year of diploma or equivalent in training and bring some experience of face to face work with clients.
- You will need to commit to a minimum of 2 years clinical placement. Our clients can come for up to a year, hence the longer commitment than in some organisations.
- We require our counsellors to be available to work with 3 clients on an ongoing basis by the time they have been with the service for 3 months.
- Counsellors are required to have supervision in their modality of training in addition to the monthly group clinical supervision provided by EACS. Group supervision mostly takes place at EACS or from the supervisorís home in the locality.
- We also require that counsellors in training are also in therapy while on placement at EACS.
- Challenging and rewarding work with a highly reputable counselling and psychotherapy service.
- EACS provides comfortable counselling rooms and is a safe and supportive place to be.
- Medium to long term work provides the practitioner with rich experience and depth in relationship, context, content and development.
- You will have an opportunity to meet many practitioners from many different approaches to counselling and therapy. You will be given clinical supervision, in a small group, once a month at EACS. This will be an eclectic mix with people from other training orientations.
- EACS counsellors can attend our seminars at a reduced rate.
To apply for Counsellor Placement, please email a brief CV (two pages maximum) and covering letter to our head of recruitment Deborah Saville.
Those who meet our basic entry criteria will be offered an application form to attend our next recruitment workshop.